Rieker
Kari development
13.07.2012 3421

Kari development

The shoe business of the ex-owner of "Eldorado" is gaining momentum

The shoe business of Igor Yakovlev, the ex-owner of the Eldorado retail chain, is gaining momentum. As it became known, over the past month and a half, the businessman has opened 80 Kari stores in Russia, Poland, Ukraine and Kazakhstan, and by the end of the year the network should more than triple.

The first 10 Kari shoe stores opened in June in Poland, Mr. Yakovlev said. Today, there are six outlets in Ukraine, five in Kazakhstan and 59 in Russia (including two in Moscow). 75% of the assortment are women's shoes, the remaining 25% are men's and accessories. Average bill per pair is $ 20. Shoes are made to order in China.

The network is actively looking for staff. Job search sites (hh.ru, joblab.ru, job-mo.ru, etc.) report dozens of vacancies at Kari LLC (management company) - from store directors to cashiers. Business is developing more actively than I expected, Yakovlev shares, by the end of the year at least 260 outlets will be open. Investments by the end of the year - $ 150 million; this, according to Yakovlev, is his own funds. Kari's presentation indicated that 2014 stores will be open by the end of 1000. Yakovlev estimates the business margin at 15% in terms of EBITDA.

Kari selects premises for stores with an area of ​​200-300 sq. m, knows Boris Matza from Cushman & Wakefield (Yakovlev's retail real estate consultants). “Moreover, only the best centers and the highest quality sites are chosen. This is the policy of the new brand - it needs to be visible all the time, ”he says. It is quite possible to open 260 stores by the end of the year, Matza believes: "The Kari team has experienced logistics and development specialists from Eldorado with established relations with landlords, which helps to quickly enter the project." Kari LLC is headed by Valentin Dmitriev, ex-financial director of Eldorado Ukraine, and all regional directors have been transferred from Eldorado, Yakovlev confirmed.

Yakovlev is the creator of the largest Russian electronic retailer Eldorado. In 2009, he gave control of the company for the debts: 50% plus 1 share went to the Czech PPF Group and its structures, the deal also included the development projects of the businessman Advantage Group and Real Estate Development. Since July 2011 PPF has controlled 100% of Eldorado.

Shoe experts don't believe in Yakovlev's success. Unlike the household appliances market, in which Yakovlev has achieved success, the seasonality of sales plays a very important role in the shoe market, and such a concept as fashion, indicates the general director of the shoe union Natalya Demidova. The newspaper "Vedomosti" writes about it.

The shoe business of the former owner of Eldorado is gaining momentum The shoe business of the former owner of Eldorado Igor Yakovlev is gaining momentum. As it became known, over the past month and a half ...
5
1
Rating

Latest News

OR GROUP: In January, Westfalika's online sales reached 62 million rubles.

OR GROUP reports that in January 2021, the share of online sales in the revenue of the marketplace created on the basis of the Westfalika retail network increased by 23,4%. Online sales reached RUB 62 million. The assortment of the trading platform (retail chain and ...
26.02.2021 179

Brunello Cucinelli has diluted a cozy boho style with outdoor shoes

In the new women's collection of the Italian luxury brand Brunello Cucinelli, which was presented online at Milan Fashion Week on February 24, multi-layered cozy garments made of knitwear, cashmere, mohair and silk are unexpectedly combined with ...
26.02.2021 224

Euro Shoes Premiere Collection will begin work on March 1 at the Main Stage art space

Moscow's leading Professional International Footwear Exhibition Euro Shoes Premiere Collection will be held in the capital from March 1 to 4. We remind you that the exhibition is held in the Main Stage art space (Sharikopodshipnikovskaya st., 13, p. 33).
25.02.2021 263

Shoes Report Youtube Channel: Interview with Sales Director Marco Tozzi, Eldar Schaffner

Eldar Schaffner, Sales Director of Marco Tozzi in Russia, spoke with Shoes Report editor Marina Shumilina about the specifics of the 2020 crisis, a new collection, new strategic decisions and plans for the future.
25.02.2021 240

Econika created a light mood in the spring-summer 2021 season

In the spring-summer 2021/22 season, the Econika shoe and accessories brand has released a delicate, feminine and not boring collection. Without abandoning their love for creative experiments with forms, the brand's designers have kept the right balance. Pleased with the presence ...
25.02.2021 564
When you sign up, you will receive weekly news and articles about the shoe business on your e-mail.

To the beginning