The e-commerce market continues to grow by more than 30% per year
29.05.2015 3161

The e-commerce market continues to grow by more than 30% per year

Despite the crisis, the e-commerce market in Russia continues at more than 30% per year. These are the data of the analytical division of the InSales company. According to statistics for 2014, the total turnover of online stores in the Russian Federation grew by 31%, to 612 billion rubles, which is about 2% of the total retail trade in the country. The pace of development of the segment almost did not decrease: in 2013, online sales grew by 34%, in 2012 - by 36%.

The most actively developing e-commerce business in Russia in 2014 was the category of home goods, which added + 60% compared to a year earlier and reached 31 billion rubles. At the same time, electronics and household appliances retain the largest turnover (147 billion, + 31%), clothes and shoes confidently hold the second position (93 billion, + 21%). The directions of accessories (+ 41%) and jewelry (+ 25%) are actively growing, cosmetics and perfumes (+ 11%) remain somewhat.

According to forecasts of InSales analysts, in the coming years the e-commerce market will continue to grow by 25–35% per year, already in 2016 its turnover will reach 1 trillion rubles. For comparison, traditional retail trade in Russia in 2014 grew by only 2,7%.

Speaking about the attendance of the resources of the main players in the fashion segment, one cannot fail to note the rise in popularity of the Chinese giant aliexpress, which in the second half of 2014 added 120% of users from the Russian Federation, many times ahead of all domestic competitors. Of the Russian companies, Wildberries still leads (+ 18% for July-December 2014 years), followed by KupiVIP (also + 18%). At the same time, the Russian Ebay division added only 2% of users, and Lamoda lost 5%.

Despite the crisis, the e-commerce market in Russia continues to be more than 30% per year.
5
1
Rating

Latest News

Summer trend – mesh, pearls and floral patterns in shoes

Bright mesh mules and ballet shoes embroidered with beaded flowers have returned to the collections of premium brands and shoe brands in the mass market segment for the Summer '24 season. On TikTok, you can find more than 13,5 million posts related to the term “Chinese...
18.06.2024 94

Birkenstock presented the “Eternal Sunshine” collection

The German shoe brand Birkenstock releases a collection called “Eternal Sunshine” (translated from English: “Eternal Sunshine”). Inspired by the energy of Los Angeles, it features sandals and the brand's signature cork mules...
18.06.2024 176

Munz Group launches multi-brand chain Salamander Store

The first multi-brand Salamander Store opened in Moscow, in the Kuntsevo Plaza shopping center. In addition to Salamander shoes, the retail assortment includes clothing and accessories, household goods, leathercare cosmetics, related products and shoes of such brands...
17.06.2024 208

Adidas Superstar sneakers transformed into dress shoes

The popular Adidas Superstar sneaker model has undergone a radical rethink. In the history of this couple over the 55 years of existence, there have been various transformations, but this time in the collaboration of Adidas with the Chinese street fashion brand Clot, the result was the most...
17.06.2024 316

Clarks parent company reports full-year net loss

The parent company of British shoe retailer Clarks suffered a net loss of £2023 million (€32,1 million) in 38,1, despite overall revenue growth. The results reflect weak demand: cautious consumers face high...
17.06.2024 273
When you sign up, you will receive weekly news and articles about the shoe business on your e-mail.

To the beginning