US retailers drive sales by taking part in Buy Now Pay Later
23.08.2019 2217

US retailers drive sales by taking part in Buy Now Pay Later

Among the numerous marketing campaigns that stimulate retail sales, such as Black Friday or Cyber ​​Monday, there is another one - Afterpay Day. Now it is gaining popularity in the United States, but, like previous initiatives of American marketers, it may well reach Russia.

The essence of the Afterpay Day event is that the participating retailers allow their customers to make purchases in installments on a certain day. Buyers can receive their purchases by paying immediately only 25% of their value. They pay the remaining 75% in three installments, at intervals of two weeks. If the client does not comply with the payment schedule, he will be charged a late payment penalty.

The “Installment Day” allows American retailers to significantly increase sales in their stores. The organizer of the event, the Australian company operator of the payment system Afterpay, reports that the Afterpay Day in March 2019 led to an average increase in sales of retailers within two days of the promotion by 110%.

Some retailers reported an increase in sales of 300%.

The company also promotes Afterpay Day as a way to attract new customers. The organizers of the action, by the way, note that the generation of millennials and representatives of generation Z (the most important consumers of today) are not inclined to resort to traditional forms of consumer lending and are looking for alternatives. According to banking statistics, only one out of three millennials in the United States owns a credit card.

Steve Madden and Schutz shoe stores and other retailers in the clothing, footwear, and accessory sales area took part in the recent Afterpay Day event in the United States from 14 to 15 in August.


Among the numerous marketing campaigns that stimulate retail sales, such as Black Friday or Cyber ​​Monday, another appeared - Afterpay Day. Now she is gaining popularity ...

Latest News

BRICS + Fashion Summit takes place in Moscow

The international forum BRICS + Fashion Summit is taking place these days in Moscow. As part of the forum, from December 28 to 2, a b2b showroom is operating at the Zaryadye MKZ on the territory of Zaryadye Park, which presents Russian clothing brands,…
01.12.2023 304

McKinsey identifies 10 macro trends in fashion for 2024

The annual report of the global consulting company McKinsey& Company, compiled in collaboration with the Business of Fashion publication “The State of Fashion,” highlighted ten macrotrends that will influence the state of the fashion segment and fashion...
30.11.2023 518

"Honest Sign" recorded a 15% increase in shoe prices in 2023

According to the state labeling system “Honest Sign”, average prices for shoes in Russia increased by 15% over the year: in October 2023, the average price of a pair of shoes was 3 rubles, and in the same period in 274 – 2022...
30.11.2023 430

The first Sportmaster PRO opened in Voronezh

On November 21, the first sporting goods store “Sportmaster PRO” opened in the Voronezh City Park “Grad” shopping center, which became the largest in the Black Earth Region. The retailer rented more than 3 sq. m in a shopping center on the site of the departed...
29.11.2023 417

Testoni has released a festive collection

Italian luxury shoe brand Testoni presented a festive collection. A capsule of women's shoes and accessories inspired by the views of the snow-capped Alps. As the fashion house emphasizes, the holiday collection is “An ode to fashion and luxury in...
29.11.2023 386
When you sign up, you will receive weekly news and articles about the shoe business on your e-mail.

To the beginning